My new Jira Service Management: Administration course is now available! Take the course on LinkedIn now.
Not a LinkedIn Learning member yet? Start your 30 day LinkedIn Learning free trial! Access to my courses and others is included with your Premium subscription!
About the Course
Jira Service Management (JSM) is built on Jira and extends it so your organization can effectively manage incidents, problems, changes, and service requests. Jira Service Management takes support to the next level with queues, SLAs, a simple interface for your customers, and integration with Confluence as a knowledgebase.
In this course, you’ll learn how to set up and administer Jira Service Management so customers can create requests, support agents can provide the help users need, and leadership can measure effectiveness.
In this administration course, you’ll learn:
- How JSM extends Jira with support-specific features
- The additional types of users and responsibilities
- Using JSM for incident management, change management, problems, service requests, and support
- How to configure request types, permissions, and notifications
- How to configure the customer portal and connect to a Confluence knowledgebase for self-service
- How to create, manage, and troubleshoot service level agreements (SLAs)
- Using automation to reduce manual work and repetitive tasks
- How to leverage reporting to gauge effectiveness and measure customer satisfaction
“Considering application health, the user experience, and finding a balance between them is the difference between a good administrator and a great one.”
– Rachel Wright